Thursday, August 20, 2015

Welcome Students!



Summer vacation is coming to an end, and a new school year is about to begin. I am so excited to have the opportunity to teach a group of students I already know, and welcoming into the crew a few more amazing kiddos. We are going to have a fun year, and you should know that fifth grade is the best!!

Fifth grade was my favorite year in school as a kid, which is probably why I so strongly wanted to teach this grade level. There are so many interesting things to learn and do! Band starts, you'll be getting better at sports and hobbies, you'll have a little more independence, and the literature is awesome! My favorite subject was science and I have always enjoyed literacy (both reading and writing). I hope you enjoy your year in fifth grade as much as I enjoyed mine, and I can't wait to share this year with you!