Sunday, November 8, 2015

STEM Learning

Dear families,

This quarter, I am starting a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) unit in science with the focus on engineering. This is a new unit for our fifth grade curriculum and it is aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), which you may have heard buzz about over the past few years. I’m very excited about the hands on nature of S.T.E.M. learning. It is my hope that the activities we do in the classroom can be engaging, thought-provoking, and inspiring for our children.

Because of the newness of it all, I am working toward building my classroom supply of materials needed for a variety of S.T.E.M. activities and projects. If you would like to make a donation to our classroom science box, please consider any of these items on my S.T.E.M. wish-list. No need to go buy anything new! The importance of reducing, reusing, and recycling is going to be weaved into our conversations as well.

Wish-List (in no particular order of importance):

Thank you in advance for your support!