As Thanksgiving approaches, I am reflecting on things that I am thankful for. Well, there are lots of things! But here are a few.
First of all, I am thankful for a fabulous first fifth grade class. I have already told the kids how wonderful my start of the year has been, and how much I enjoy being their teacher. I feel grateful daily for your children being a part of my year and life!
Also, a huge thank you goes out to Candy Hernandez, Connie at the Bath Book Shop, and the PTA for making it possible for ALL students at Fisher-Mitchell School to receive one new book for free at the recent Book Fair. The kids, as always, were thrilled!
Another huge thank you goes out to Susan Harrison (fourth grade), John Meader (Planetarium Director), and again, the PTA for coordinating the Northern Stars Planetarium to visit our school last week. Fifth grade students learned about Christopher Columbus and navigating by the stars. The planetarium is such a unique and exciting experience for the kids!
Last but not least, I am thankful for your partnership with the school in making your child's education a priority. I appreciate the ongoing email conversations some of us have, and with others I have enjoyed our face to face chats. It was lovely to meet you all at conferences and/or speaking with you on the phone.
What are you thankful for? You don't have to wait for Thanksgiving to celebrate and share your gratitude with your family.
Be well, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.